SBI PO: The abbreviation for SBI PO is State Bank of India Probationary Officer.The SBI Board which is located in various parts of the country conducts these SBI PO Exams every year in order to recruit various aspirants across the country. The SBI Governing body releases notification conducts exams and recruits the aspirants across the country. These SBI PO Exams will be conducted to recruit the aspirants for the posts of probationary officer posts and other posts in SBI bank which exists across the India.
About SBI Board:
The State Bank of India (SBI) Bank is the biggest Government Bank or Nationalized Bank in India. SBI was established in the year 1955. Its main branch is located at Mumbai, Maharashtra. The SBI Recruitment Board consists of key members that relate to the SBI Bank which was introduced to recruit the candidates or staff into the various branches of the SBI bank across the India. The SBI Board is responsible for the conduction of the exams and interviews for recruiting the well-trained Candidates for the probationary Posts in SBI banks and its associated offices.Click here for SBI Latest Jobs Notifications. Also Check: IBPS PO 2017
Details of SBI PO Exams:
- Frequency in conduction of Exam: Once an year
- Level of Exam: Competitive Level
- Span of Exam: Across the Country
- Mode of Exam: CBT or Computer Based Test which will be conducted through Online mode.
- Exam Score Validity: For an year.
- Stages of Conduction of Exams: There will be 4 Stages which will be termed as Prelims, Mains, GD, and Interview.
The Candidate who has done with Prelims are eligible to write the Mains. The Candidate who have completed the Mains then there will be Group Discussion and Interviews which are the last stages of the recruitment process into the SBI as PO. Based on the performance of the candidate in GD and Interview, the Candidate will be selected.
SBI PO Exam Pattern:
I. FOR PRELIMINARY EXAM:
- English Language – 30 Questions
- Quantitative Aptitude – 35 Questions
- Reasoning Ability – 35 Questions
- Total Questions – 100 MCQ’S (Multiple Choice Questions)
- Total Marks – 100 Marks
- Negative Marking – 0.25
II. FOR MAINS EXAM:
- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude – 45 Questions
- Data Analysis & Interpretation – 35 Questions
- General/Economy/ Banking Awareness – 40 Questions
- English Language – 35 Questions
- Total Questions – 155 MCQ’S (Multiple Choice Questions)
- Descriptive Test – English Language Letter Writing & Essay Writing based on Social Issues and General Topics.
- Total Marks – 200 Marks
- Negative Marking – 0.25
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR SBI PO EXAMS:
The Candidate must have a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent.The Candidates who are appearing for the final year or final semester of Graduation can also apply for the SBI Probationary Officer Posts and they need to provide the proof that the candidate is completing the graduation exam as on or before July 1, every year of recruitment.The Candidates should not have more than 30 years of age and less than 21 years as on April 1, that year of recruitment.
EXAM CUTOFF FOR SBI PO:
There will be Sectional Cutoff in the SBI Probationary Officer Exams and this cutoff may differ from year to year based on various criteria like the candidates appear for the Exam and many criteria. There will be separate Cutoff for every section which is there in the entire recruitment process.Considering the previous year’s cutoff, the cutoff of SBI PO is given below:
I. FOR PRELIMINARY EXAM:
- English Language – 8.75/30
- Reasoning Ability – 7/35
- Quantitative Aptitude – 7.25/35
II. For MAINS EXAM:
- Reasoning – 13/50
- Data Analysis & Interpretation – 13/50
- General/Economy/ Banking Awareness/Computer – 14/50
- English Language – 13/50
- Descriptive Test – 20/50
III. Expected Overall SBI PO Cutoff 2017 and Category Cut off (Out of 100):
- General Category – 46 to 51
- OBC – 43 to 48
- SC – 37 to 42
- ST – 28 to 33
SBI PO Admit Card 2017:
The SBI Board will be going to release the SBI Probationary Officer 2017 admit card for any exam i.e Prelims, Mains Examination, and Interview at least two weeks before the exam.The SBI PO admit card 2017 will be available through online mode only.SBI PO 2017 admit card can be downloaded by going through with the application number/roll number and date of birth or password through the official link provided on this page below.
Latest SBI PO Recruitment:
Click here for SBI PO Latest Recruitment Details
SBI PO EXAM RESULTS:
SBI PO EXAM RESULTS: The results of SBI PO 2017 will be declared by State Bank of India (SBI) Bank Recruitment Board in three stages i.e preliminary, mains and final.The SBI Probationary Officer 2017 results for preliminary had declared on May 16 and qualified candidates will appear for mains exam. The results of SBI PO 2017 mains exam will be going to declare on June 19 based on which the candidates will be called for further rounds such as group discussion and interview. The SBI PO results 2017 will be declared for only those candidates who will score sectional as well as overall cut off score as per their category in stages of examination.